Friday, May 23, 2008

It's FUN FILLED FRIDAY!

It's another FFF! If you haven't already check out Jen's card.

I gave this weeks challenge and it was to use alcohol inks. I must admit I was a bit rushed getting my card done this week with my mom in town. I did have fun creating a few background papers with my alcohol inks though.



For this card I created the background on glossy cardstock using alcohol inks. I cut the background to 4"x4" and wrapped brown fibers (Portafolia Gifted Memories) around the background paper and glued it to the A2 card base. Next I stamped the coffee to go cup (Amuse) on white cardstock and on grey cardstock (Bazzill). I then cut out the to go cup from the grey cardstock and only the lid from the white, and paper pieced the white lid on top of the grey cup. Then I cut a small piece of the background paper and matted that on the grey. I glued the to go cup using pop dots to the center of the matted piece. Then I glued that to the center of the original background paper. I added the sentiment (Penny Black) to the bottom of the card.

Supplies: cardstock - Bazzill, stamp - A Muse "To go cup, sentiment - Penny Black "dotted hello", alcohol inks - Ranger, fibers - Portafolia Gifted Memories, glossy cardstock - unknown.

What are your plans for this beautiful Friday? I have to make a wedding card for this weekend and go shopping! My DH and I may take a trip to the gym too.

Well Thanks for stopping by. I will have another post later today so stop in to check it out. Have a Fabulous FFF!

Happy Crafting,
Kimmy

2 comments:

Jennifer E. said...

I love that sentiment stamp! It is a perfect match for your To-Go cup image. I recognize both stamps as your new purchases! Nice job with this weeks challenge!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Fabulous card! Your fibre is a lovely touch, and like Jennifer, I like your sentiment.