Saturday, May 24, 2008

How I spent my Friday night

Well, here's what I did Friday night. I was so happy with how this card came out. Part of me wishes I would have made 2 so I could keep one. Oh well that's what pictures are for :) I hope the bride and groom like it. I know their color is green. They even gave the wedding party gifts in reusable cloth bags since everyone is "going green". I thought it was a great idea.

At Shackapalooza I learned how to make a gift card holder from Becky (Inkisallover - on the shack). I decided to alter it a bit so it could fit money or a check. I took an 8"x11" piece of green cardstock and scored it at 5.5" and then 4" from each end. Then you glue the center together and cut out the slot using a circle punch and SU! window word punch. Then I cut a piece of brown cardstock to 8"x4" and glued that to the front of the card. Next I cut a piece of green cardstock 7.75"x3.75" and tied a bow around it using brown ribbon 7/8" wide. I am usually not so good with bows so I was really happy with this one. Then I dove tail cut the ends, and put a little glue under the center so the ribbon wouldn't move around. Next I glued that piece to the brown front of card. Then I stamped the bride and groom and sentiment on green cardstock and matted them on brown and used pop dots to adhear them to the card.




Here is a peek at the inside - of course we will be giving the happy couple more than $1! (I grabbed what was close in a hurry)

Supplies: stamps - A Muse "wedding pose" and "happily ever after", cardstock - Bazzill, ribbon - Wright 7/8'" brown, SU! word window punch and Marvy Uchida circle punch.
I can't wait for the wedding tonight. It is going to be so much fun. I will have to post some pictures for all of you to see. They are having cupcakes instead of a cake - I can't wait to see it!
What are you doing today? Hopefully something fun. Have you made a gift card holder? If so I would love to see it - post a link to it in my comments. Stay tuned tomorrow for our FFF challenge announcement.
Happy Crafting,
Kimmy

2 comments:

Jennifer E. said...

I absolutely love it! You did a fantastic job with this--I know they will love it too! The ribbon makes this look so elegant. How'd you get that bow so perfectly?

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

I really like this card. It is very elegant.