Friday, May 9, 2008

FUN-FILLED FRIDAY!!

It's Fun-Filled Friday!
This weeks challenge was to make a card using the Cuttlebug. Here is my card for the week and don't forget to check out Jen's.


For this card I ran some light blue card stock through my Cuttlebug using the Textile Texture A2 size embossing folder. Then I cut that to measure 2.5" x 5.5". I glued that to the bottom portion of the card. Next I punched 1 brown scallop circle and 1 light blue scallop circle using my Marvy Uchida punches. Then I stamped "happy birthday" in the smaller light blue circle and ran that through my cuttlebug using the same embossing folder. Next I attached a piece of striped ribbon over the seam from where I glued the light blue card stock onto the dark blue card stock. I then centered the smaller scallop circle on the larger scallop circle and glued that to the center of the card along the ribbon using pop-dots.



Supplies: card stock by Bazzill, ribbon by Michael's, stamped sentiment from "everyday messages" by Stampendous, textile texture Cuttlebug embossing folder, Marvy Uchida scallop circle punches, atg gun, and pop-dots



Feel free to join in our challenges, I would love to see what everyone comes up with. Also we can always use challenge ideas if there is anything you would like to see.

Do you own a Cuttlebug? What have you created with it? Do you mostly emboss or use some of the dies or other brand dies like Nestabilities? I would love to get those. Do you have anything on your "want" list?

Make sure you stop by Sunday for next weeks FFF challenge announcement. I wonder what Jen has in store for me?

Happy Crafting,
Kimmy


1 comment:

Jennifer E. said...

I love what you did with this card! The embossing folder make this card look so elegant, and the ribbon is a nice touch--you know how I love my ribbon!

Well, I've cheated a little with this weeks challenge. You'll have to wait until I get home from work to see my post. Stay tuned...