Sunday, May 25, 2008

Cupcakes and a Candy Buffet!

Well, I am slowly recovering from the wedding last night. Oh what a fun night it was. The bride was gorgeous, the food was wonderful, the crowd was fun. We ate, drank, danced and enjoyed every moment. The hall had a signature drink in honor of the newlyweds a Trusslertini. They were very good! They also had a candy buffet and cupcakes instead of a wedding cake. I have to tell you the candy buffet brought out the kid in everyone. There was about 8 different candies in huge bowls and little baggies for everyone to fill up. (the picture to left was the sign by the buffet). There was a line there all night. And of course some munching between dances. Who would have thought all of us grown ups would have been so excited over candy?

The colors were green and chocolate brown. So the linens were chocolate brown with green flowers. The drink napkins were chocolate brown with "eat, drink, and be married" in green writing. The tables had tall vases with beautiful Calla lilies. The main course was fillet Mignon and chicken in a delicious sauce with mashed potatoes and broccoli. Then, as I said CUPCAKES for dessert. They were beautifully displayed in the center of the candy buffet.






Along the sweets table golden letters spelled out "love sweet love". The cupcakes were wonderful - chocolate with white frosting covered in chocolate and a little "T" on each one. The top of the couples cake was a T covered in green rhinestones to add some "bling".


It was such a fabulous night. Unfortunately my camera battery died before the reception got going so I didn't get many pictures. I did get the cupcakes though:)

So what was your wedding like? Did you do anything special or unique? Have you been to any unique or extraordinary weddings? How about any awful wedding stories? I would love to hear from you.


Happy Sunday,
Kimmy

4 comments:

K Hutchinson said...

OH my yummy! Sounds like one sweet nice! I love the idea of candy buffet! So fun!

Erin said...

That is brilliant! thanks for sharing!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

I'm so glad that you remembered to take a pic of the cupcake cake; I would have been so disappointed. That is one neat idea, eh?!

Heather Grow said...

Great idea. My cousin got married on Friday. He had cupcakes instead of cake and a chocolate fountain with marshmellows, krispie treats, pretzel sticks, licorice, strawberries, bananas, pinapple and mini cream puffs.

The regular food was pretty good too but I loved that they had take out containers for guests to take home whatever they wanted.