Saturday, November 15, 2008

Tea for friends!


I joined a swap over at the Shack where we swap tea bag so we can try different flavors of tea. We had to either add some tea related stamped images or somehow decorate up our tea bags. Here is what I came up with:


I got the idea from Splitcoaststampers. I don't have an actual link to the template but I found it by searching for Tea bag holders. I (amazingly) remembered what the measurements were so I didn't have to look it up again. My mind isn't always the greatest:)

I started by cutting card stock to 4.5" x 9.75". Then I used my Score-Pal to score it at 3.25", and 6.5" on the longer side (obviously). Next I measured 1" from the bottom of the 4.5" side on the far right. Then I cut from the 6.5" score line to the 1" mark. This created an angled edge on the paper. I then glued that angled edge along the bottom and 1" side and folded it in toward the score line. Next I folded my other score. This gave me a little pocket card. (hope that makes sense) Next I stamped my image and colored it in with Prismacolor pencils blended with Gamsol. Then I used a square punch to cut out all my colored images. (we have to send in 14 for the swap). Then I inked the edges of the image with blue chalk ink. Then layered the image on pink card stock then again in green just using a photo corner punch on the upper right and lower left corners. Then I punched blue scallop square using my Marvy Uchida Giga punch and centered my layered image on that. I then cut a piece of pattern paper 4.125" x 3.125" and inked the edges of that with a pink or green chalk ink. I then glued the pattern paper to the center of the 3.25" x 4.5" card base. Then I stamped the sentiment (using my Stamp-a-ma-jig) to the lower portion of the pattern paper. I then added my layered image above the sentiment. Finally, I put my Vanilla Caramel tea bag inside the pocket.


Here is what the card looks like open. Hope the girls in the swap enjoy the card and the tea:)

Supplies: stamps - image A Muse Artstamps "cup and saucer", sentiment - Stampabilities "warmest wishes"; card stock - Bazzill; pattern paper - K & Co.; ink - VersaFine black, Colorbox chalk inks pink, green, blue; Prismacolor pencils and Gamsol; Marvy Uchida Giga scallop square punch; tea - Bigelow Vanilla Caramel.

Hope you have a wonderful weekend! And Happy Crafting!
Kimmy

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are sooooooo cute, Kimmy! I love the colours too!

ChrissyM said...

Soooo cute! Love the it. Very creative. Super idea!

Jennifer E. said...

These turned out so nice! I love them & can't wait to get mine. Vanilla Caramel tea sounds yummy too!

Jenny Gropp said...

These really turned out adorable! WHat a good swap to play in!