Friday, November 28, 2008

House Mouse fun filled friday

Well I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! It was very nice to be with my parents this year. I even got my card for today made up. I decided not to do any Black Friday shopping today. I just didn't see anything I really NEEDED. Of course there were many things I wanted, but not bad enough to get up that early and wait in line in the Minnesota cold. I might run up to JoAnn's in a bit to use my coupons and see if there's anything left.

On with Fun Filled Friday post. This week Jen challenged me to use House Mouse stamps. I decided which stamp I wanted to use before we left to visit my parents so I stamped a few images (in case I messed up), I even had a background paper all picked out, but as you will see I didn't go that route. Here is the cute little guy I decided to use:


This was a pretty simple card to make. I stamped the image on plain white card stock and colored it with my Prismacolor pencils blended with Gamsol. Then I cut out the image and layered it on blue card stock. Next I ran some really light blue (almost white) card stock through my Cuttlebug and used light green chalk to try and make it pop a bit. (that is really hard to see in the scan). Then I cut the Cuttlebugged paper into 3 pieces 1 1/4" x 3". I layered each one on the darker blue card stock. Next I glued all of the Cuttlebugged pieces to a piece of the lighter blue card stock and cut that out. Then I glued the whole piece to the center of my A2 size card base. i finally added my layered image and that was it. Don't forget to peek at Jen's card for today.
Supplies:
  • Stamp - House Mouse Morning Kick Start #HMIR1014
  • Card Stock - Bazzill
  • Miscellaneous - Cuttlebug and swirls embossing folder, Prismacolor pencils, Gamsol, ATG gun
I stamped "Warmest Wishes" on the inside. I thought he could really help "warm" someone up this winter.
So did anyone venture out to the stores this morning? I would love to hear what you bought and what fabulous deals you got! If I make anything else while I am at my parents I'll be sure to post and share with you. Have a wonderful weekend!
Happy Crafting,
Kimmy

2 comments:

Forgetfulone said...

Simple? It looks fabulous!

ChrissyM said...

Adorable card! This is so cute. You can never go wrong with HM images.

I went out later in the morning to Walmart for some of the deals that were available until 11 a.m.

I got our 3 year old niece
Disney Princess clogs for $4,
matching disney princess flece sweater for $4, dora jacket $5, a Hanna Montana Shirt that lites up $5. Then we went to Home Depot for one of the blow up ornaments for the yard but they were sold out and we got 2 big Mickey & Minnie display (dressed as Mr and Mrs. Claus) for $30 which I thought was a great deal they are big (will have to take a picture when we take them out of the box). That was our extent of shopping