Sunday, November 16, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

Since next Thursday is Thanksgiving I decided our them for the week should be just that - Thanksgiving. I know it might be a little tight to mail to someone, but lets see what we come up with. Maybe I should have made a "black Friday" themed! If you aren't familiar with it black Friday is, it's the day after Thanksgiving with all the huge sales. I know they are really big here.

When I was a child, I used to love Thanksgiving because everyone would come over to our house and my parents would cook for all of us. It was everyone from my mom's side of the family. Oh the memories of sitting at the Kiddie table. My dad's stuffing is my favorite - I could eat just that. YUM! Since my parents moved out of state Thanksgiving hasn't been the same. Actually, not much has been the same, but this year we are going to visit them for Thanksgiving and I am very excited - so are they.

Do you celebrate Thanksgiving? Do you have any family traditions you always look forward to? What's your favorite dish? Do you partake in any of the Black Friday shopping?

Happy Thanksgiving and Happy Crafting,

Kimmy

5 comments:

ChrissyM said...

I can't believe Thanksgiving is upon us already. That week is going to be hetic. That Tuesday before we are going to an WWE Smackdown wrestling event (got free tickets).

Last year we started staying home for Thanksgiving. Jeff (my husband) cooks I huge meal (I'm not a cook at all). People pop and in to visit. For Desert we either go to My grandma's or if she goes to my parents we go there too. This year Jeff's Mother will be joining us for thanksgiving.

For Black Friday shopping NO WAY!! You won't catch me in those stores. This is the time of year I hate shopping because people are so rude and pushy. I don't understand fighting over a tickle me elmo, just not my thing.

Forgetfulone said...

I love turkey and dressing at thanksgiving. That's what I'm looking forward to second. First is the week off from school.

I did the Black Friday thing last year, but I doubt I will go this year. My mom, sister, and I always did that until about 8 years ago. Then, it seemed like it got to be too much of a hassle, and we didn't really feel like we saved much money.

Last year, I wanted to get my nephew the new guitar hero and some $5 DVD's for all the kids, and there were some great deals at Kohl's, but I just don't know if it was worth it. Don't know if I'm going yet. If I do, it will be before sun-up. I'll be home by 10AM back in bed napping!

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving… I love Black Friday shopping.

Anonymous said...

I stay away from Black Friday~ I use to enjoy Thanksgiving too. But, now it's crazy b/c both sets of the kids grandparents live in the same area and we have to be here one day and there the next. I miss my Grandma's stuffing too.

Anonymous said...

ooops, forgot to sign that post! Spartymom-Kim