Monday, January 12, 2009

Thank you ATCs

For those of you new to ATCs they are Artist Trading Cards. They measure 2 1/2"x3 1/2". On the back you are to put your information along with what swap it's for or the series name and number them 1 of (how every many you make). Then you trade them with friends or in a swap. They can be used for card fronts, decorating things, or just keep a collection of them. Some people think of them as mini pieces of art - which is really what they are.

I am fairly new to the ATC making. I have only made 3 so far. Of course one of the 3 designs I made 10 of for a swap so I made 12 so far :) This week I had to make some Thank you ATCs for a friend of mine, and here is what I came up with:

This was super easy to make. I stamped and colored in my image with Prismacolor pencils blended with Gamsol (my favorite coloring technique). Then I cut the image out and inked the edges with brown. I then glued the image to the top center of my ATC. Next I cut a strip of beige ribbon and stamped Thank You on it in brown ink. The full sentiment was "Thank you very much" so I had to ink only the "thank you " part. I then glued the ribbon to the lower left corner and that was it.

Supplies :
  • stamp - image by Great Impressions (#G133); sentiment by Hero Arts (#c2633) Thank You Very Much
  • card stock by Bazzill
  • ribbon by Bobbie M. Designs
Have you made any ATCs? I would love to see them! Let me know what you think? Anything you want to see me try - just let me know.

Check in tomorrow to see what else I made with this stamp.

Happy Crafting,
Kimmy

1 comment:

Midnitecreations - Renu said...

I love this image and how you brought it life. Beautifully done.