Monday, January 19, 2009

Moose Week!

Since this week's Fun-Filled Friday is to use Riley images, I decided to have a week of full of Moose cards. It may be silly, but I was having so much fun coloring them the other day I thought why not make a few extras.

Here is Monday's Moose card :

My DH was nice enough to let me purchase some Nesties for Christmas. I got a full circle set, and the Labels 1 and Labels 2 sets. I was so excited to play with them - used them over and over again (so you will be seeing alot of them). One of my girlfriends had heard about using the Sizzix Crease mat with your Nesties to cut and emboss all in one run through your Cuttlebug. I must say it worked very well. I recommend trying it. I had to play around to get the right size shim and I always run it back and forth in my Cuttlebug a couple times, but that's just what I do.

You can't see it very well in the picture, but I cut and embossed the scallop circle right on the card base, then again on the pattern paper. I then placed a lighter blue card stock on the inside of the card. Next, I colored and cut out Riley and glued him to the center of my lighter blue card stock. I also used my Just Rite stamp set to stamp the Relax sentiment. This was a very simple and quick card to make.

Supplies :
  • stamp - Hanna Stamps Coffee Riley Moose
  • card stock - Bazzill
  • pattern paper - Scrap Works pacific vibrant
  • miscellaneous - Prismacolor pencils, Gamsol, Nestabilities Scallop Circles, Cuttlebug.

Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you enjoyed today's card. I have had a busy weekend having to work Friday, Saturday, Sunday and now today and Tuesday. I work 12 hour shifts on midnights so my work days tend to drag. Well, check in tomorrow for another moose card I made this weekend. I am trying to keep up my 5+ posts a week - so if you have any suggestions or comments let me know.

Happy Crafting,
Kimmy

4 comments:

ChrissyM said...

Very cute!

Cindi said...

he looks so cute, and yes relaxed.
:)

Mrs. Fence said...

I love how you embossed this one and the colors are awesome! Great idea.

Traci G said...

Very cute moose card! How nice that you got all those nesties!!!