Friday, January 16, 2009

Fun-Filled Friday

Happy Fun-Filled Friday!

Well, this week Jen challenged me to make a Gate Fold card. Amazingly enough this was a new one for me. Here is what I came up with:

For this card I started with my image. I stamped it on smooth white card stock and colored it with my Prismacolor pencils blended with a colorless blender pencil (No gamsol!! Thought I would try something new). After that was done I realized it was a rather large image and had to figure out how it would work with a gate fold card. I decided to make my card 5 1/2" x 5 1/2". I then took a piece of fuchsia card stock and cut it to 5 1/2" x 11". Then I used my Scor-Pal to score it at on the 11" side at 2 3/4" and 8 1/4". Then I folded it to make sure both sides lined up. Next I cut 2 pieces of cream card stock to 2 5/8" x 5 3/8". Then I cut 2 pieces of light pink card stock to 2 1/2" x 5 1/4". Layered the light pink on the beige and then glued that on each of the front panels. Next I used a technique I saw on my friend Beth's blog using corner punches. Here is the link. Basically you cut out the corner punch to the size you need and glue it over the top of your corner (does that make sense?). So I punched and cut out the corner punch 4 times on the beige card stock. Then I glued the corner pieces on the 4 corners of the card front. Then I cut my image to making sure I cut out the flowers and stems so they appear to hang over the mat. Then I layered the cut out image on beige and then again on darker pink. I used the same technique with the darker pink card stock and the corner punch. I then glued my corner pieces to all 4 corners of my layered image. Then I glued my layered image to the left front panel of my card. Here is a partially open view of my finished card:

Supplies:
  • stamp - Serendipity Stamps (#L281)
  • card stock - The Paper Company
  • miscellaneous -EK Success Wrought Iron Corner Adorner Punch
Don't forget to see Jen's Gate Fold card. If you joined in our Fun-Filled Friday challenge make sure you post a comment with a link to your work. And check back Sunday for the next Fun-Filled Friday challenge announcement - My turn to pick the challenge. Are there any challenges you would like to see in the future? Let me know, I'm always looking for new ideas.

Do you have any big plans for the weekend? This is my weekend to work so I have to work Saturday and Sunday night, and I have to work overtime tonight so no fun for me. Well, enjoy your weekend and make sure you stop by tomorrow for my first tutorial! I hope it turns out alright.

Happy Crafting,
Kimmy

3 comments:

Jennifer E. said...

This turned out awesome! I love your coloring!

Anonymous said...

Holy Moly, Kimmy, this card is a work of art! I love the way you cut out your image, and your corners are the perfect touch. This is one of my all time faves!

Nancy

ChrissyM said...

This is gorgeous! Wow!!!