Saturday, January 10, 2009

3x3 Wishes!

This weeks Fun Filled Friday challenge was to make 3x3 cards. I have made inchies in the past so this was easier than that, but 3 inches isn't much of a work space. About a month ago I found this adorable clear stamp set at Walmart and thought I could put it to use for this challenge - so I came up with this Warm Wishes card :


To make this card I stamped my image on smooth white card stock with black in and colored it with Prismacolor pencils blended with Gamsol. Then I cut out the image and layered it on purple card stock then again on turquoise card stock. Next I cut my pattern paper to measure 2 5/8" x 2 5/8" and layered that on purple then on turquoise card stock leaving a 1/16" border each time. I then glued the layered pattern paper on my purple 3x3 card base. Next I used Pop Dots to adhere my layered image. Then I added the sentiment "warm wishes" on the inside of the card. Finally I added some stickles to the snowflake on the front and let it dry - I gotta have a little bling:)
Supplies :
  • Stamps - Walmart
  • paper - Reminisce Snowflake Harlequin
  • card stock - Bazzill
  • miscellaneous - black Versafine ink, Prismacolor pencils, Gamsol, Stickles

I had a lot of fun making this card - pretty quick and easy. Have you made a 3x3 card? I would love to see it!

Stay tuned for the next Fun-Filled Friday Challenge Announcement on Sunday. I have a whole day of crafting planned for Saturday so make sure you stop by to see what I have been up to. I have swaps to finish and challenges to fulfill.

Happy Crafting,
Kimmy

1 comment:

Jennifer E. said...

Awesome! I love this card! Your matting really makes the image pop! Too Cute!