Monday, February 9, 2009

What's That Wednesday

Sorry today's post is a little late. I had some Internet issues.

This weeks "What's That Wednesday" is all about border punches. Border punches are another one of my favorite tools. As of right now I only own a few by Fiskars and Martha Stewart. I think they are a great way to add a little something to your projects and they are so versatile. One of the most wonderful things about border punches is you determine the size. You can make them as long or as short as you need. Another great thing is the price. They normally run around $15 and with a 40% off coupon at Michaels or Joann's you are out of there for under $10.

A quick tip I have learned with Fiskars and Martha Stewart border punches:

they take off 1/4" when you punch with them

It took some trial and error to figure this out. I measure alot to try to create equal borders so this is one of those things I needed to find out. (must be the old engineering student me)

I must give some praise to Fiskars. I bought a embossing border punch before Christmas and it would not punch right. It also was extremely difficult to punch. I emailed them and they were so helpful. With just a few emails back and forth I had a new on shipped to me free of charge. It arrived in a couple weeks and works great. I highly recomend them for their products and customer service.

I hope you found this helpful and informative. If there's anything you would like to see reviewed let me know and I'll try my best.
Stay tuned for tomorrows creation.

Happy Crafting,
Kimmy

No comments: