Wednesday, February 4, 2009

What's That Wednesday?

This week's What's That Wednesday I am going to continue my discussion of the Cuttlebug. I am a huge fan of the Nestabilities and found a wonderful project to use with the Cuttlebug and your Nesties - it's the Sizzix Crease Mat. This mat allows you to cut and emboss using the Nesties in one run through the Cuttlebug.

Normally you would have to cut the paper with your die, leave the paper in the die, get your "embossing mat" and run the whole thing back through the Cuttlebug. With the crease mat it's all done at once. How wonderful! Here is a picture of how I set mine up:


As you can see the recipe U used was :
A plate
shim
crease mat
paper
die
C plate

Here is a picture of how the embossed piece looks:



I forgot to get an embossing mat when I purchased my Nesties and was very eager to emboss and cut with them. I found the embossing mat at Cut @ Home for $8.99 and if you are a VIP member you get a 40% off coupon every month. I found my Sizzix Crease mat at Michaels for $8.99 and I used one of my 50% coupons. I wasn't sure how well it was going to work so I made sure I didn't spend too much money. When you get the Crease Mat you will have to cut about 1/4" off of one of the sides so that it will fit in your Cuttlebug. I have used it on many of my projects already and am LOVING IT!!! I am pretty sure you could find this item anywhere that sells Sizzix products so check around - especially places where you can use a coupon:)

I hope you found this information helpful. If you have any items you would like to see reviewed please let me know.

Happy Crafting,
Kimmy

2 comments:

Jennifer E. said...

This is just too cool! I'm going to try to make it out to the stores today & see if I can find this crease mat. I'm so eager to get it. Thanks for sharing the recipe!

mudmaven said...

Thank you so much for this info! This will cut my nestie time in half! Way cool! ~chris