Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Birthday RAK!

For those of you follow Jen's blog you probably noticed the post about her Aunt turning 93!!! What a milestone! She asked people to RAK your Aunt with birthday cards to make her day special. She did this a few years ago to and posted a picture of her Aunt with all the cards for us all to see. For those of you who don't know what a RAK is, it stands for Random Act of Kindness. It's just something you do to make someone feel special and not expect or want anything in return. In my opinion knowing you have brought a smile to someones face is quite a reward. (awe what a mushy statement to make). Here is the card I made for Jen's Aunt:



Supplies : card stock by Bazzill; stamps by Stampin' Up, ribbon by Offray, Cuttlebug birthday embossing folder, Nestabilities circle set, stickles, gems by Heidi Grace, Prismacolor pencils blended with Gamsol.

I love how it turned out! Of course I had to add a little "bling" to it. It's a very simple layout and was super easy to make too! I actually made a few to have on hand.

I hope you decide to stop in tomorrow for my What's that Wednesday - I am going to talk about an accessory for your Cuttlebug and Nesties.

Happy Crafting,
Kimmy

3 comments:

Jennifer E. said...

Cute card! I love how you colored the image & the shading around it! Thanks for sending her a card--I greatly appreciate it!

Anonymous said...

Good Afternoon!

Aw how totally cute is your Birthday card design, really pretty and girlie, really like it. Wish I had you talent with arts and crafts, but unfortunately last time I attempted, it looked like a total mess, I think I went a bit trigger happy with the old glitter glue!! Ooops!! Until I become used to designing things myself, then I may have found an alternative solution to buying greetings cards from a big card company! Just wanted to leave a little comment about how cool I think electronic greetings are. There are so many people that don't really agree with sending e-cards, I think maybe they feel that it is a lazy way to send a greeting, and are more in favor of the traditional way of buying a 'real' card, and sticking a stamp on it and popping it in the post.
However, I think this is one of those cases of 'don't knock it till you've tried it', I am a fan of electronic greetings cards. A lot of my computer wiz kid mates introduced me to e-cards, and that is how I began using them. I think when you try something new, you are recommended it by word of mouth, and that is exactly what happened to me.
I have recently been sending my friends a Happy Birthday e-Card greeting when they are at work! They just said it was a really idea and that it brightens up their day. I have tried quite a lot of e-Card sites, and I have now found a really cool Free Happy Birthday Day e-Card site that I really like. This particular site has an awesome application where you can upload a photograph of yourself and incorporate it into your card. This is such a clever idea, and adds that personal touch, and as I already mentioned this particular site is totally free. I think e-Cards are definitely worth a try, they are not for everyone, but I am becoming a fan!

Traci G said...

This is a very fun card, and she is gonna love it!!!!!!