Friday, October 17, 2008

Jen's Sketch Challenge

This week I played along with Jen's Wednesday Sketch challenge. You can see her sketch here. And here is what I came up with :


I really wanted to use my pumpkin image so I turned her sketch sideways. To make this card I first stamped my image on plain white card stock using black VersaFine ink. I colored the image in using my Bic markers. Then I used Nesties to cut out the image and emboss the edges. Then with orange chalk ink I sponged the background. Next I inked the edges with black chalk ink. Then I glued ribbon to each of the corners of black card stock. Then I glued my image to the center of the black card stock and added orange brads above and below image. Next, I glued the black card stock to the orange 5"x7" card base. Then I added a dot of black stickles to each of the scallops. I also added black stickles to the eyes and mouths of the pumpkins. Next I added a dot of stickles to each of the 4 corners and let dry.

Stamp: Stampendous Pumpkin Trio; Card Stock: The Paper Company; Ribbon: Maya Road; ink: VersaFine black, Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink - orange and black.

Well, time for me to get some work done :)

Happy Crafting,
Kimmy

4 comments:

Traci G said...

This is a super cute card! I think this ribbon is just YUMMY too!!!

Jennifer E. said...

Lookin' Good! I love how you cut the ribbon!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this card!

Anonymous said...

What a fabulous card!! :) Congrats to you!!!