Saturday, October 18, 2008

An Apple A Day.......


Last week I challenged you all to make a Fall Themed card. What is more fall then apple picking??? So....here is what I made:


This card measured 5 1/2" x 5 1/2". I started by stamping my image on plain white card stock using black Versa Fine ink. I have found that Versa Fine ink works best for images with fine details. Next I colored the image with my Prismacolor pencils and blended them with mineral spirits. I then cut the image out and used a corner rounder on the upper right and lower left corner. I layered that image on red, then brown then grey card stock also rounding the coordinating corners as I went. Then I cut a piece of red card stock to 5"x5". Next I cut a strip of my pattern paper 1"x5" and glued that to the red card stock. I then rounded 2 of the corners of that piece. Next I layered the red piece on a brown piece again rounding 2 of the corners. I glued my brown piece to the center of my grey card base. Then I glued the red/pattern piece on top of that and finally added my layered image. How do you like it? I was pretty impressed that I had card stock that matched my pattern paper perfectly - how did that happen?

Stamp: Stampabilities Happy Hoppers "An Apple A Day"; Pattern paper: DCWV; Card Stock: Nature Preserve by Crestwood; Prismacolor pencils and mineral spirits.

Stay tuned tomorrow for our Fun Filled Friday challenge announcement.

Happy Crafting,
Kimmy

3 comments:

Jennifer E. said...

This card is absolutely adorable! Great coloring job!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful fall card. Your colouring is so good.

ChrissyM said...

I love this card!! I love this image, I have to order this stamp.

I made a fall card well a halloween ghost card last week but I didn't link it back to you (slaps forehead I've been so forgetful lately).