Friday, October 17, 2008

Happy Halloween Sketch challenge

Sorry this is late, I just checked my blog and realized my post never posted... Wanna know why?? I put in October 18th for the date and today would be the 17th. DUH!!! Don't you hate those silly mistakes???

This week Jen challenged me to use one of Kerry's sketches from the Shack. I was in a very Halloweenie mood this past week so the next few posts you see may have that theme. Here is what I cam up with.



This card was very easy to make. I took my pattern paper and cut a piece 3"x4" then cut that into 8 equal sized strips. I glued the strips evenly spaced apart to black card stock. I then layered that on orange paper. Next I stamped the "Happy Halloween" sentiment in black ink on orange card stock and layered that on black then again on orange. Then I cut a strip of ribbon and dove tailed the ends then glued that to the lower portion of my 5"x5" card base. Next I glued my sentiment on the center of the ribbon. And finally glued my pattern paper piece to the upper portion of the card base. So what do you think?

Stamps : DRS; Ribbon : Ribbon Trends; Paper : DCWV; Cardstock : Bazzill

Do you have any plans this weekend? I am working on my first "paying" scrapbook. I am a little nervous since it's my first time making a scrapbook to someone else's specs. It's a smaller book so it shouldn't be too difficult.

Did you make a card using the sketch this week? I would love to see it.

Happy Crafting,
Kimmy

No comments: