Thursday, July 17, 2008

It's a wedding shower!


A couple weeks ago we went to a Surprise wedding shower for my DH's sister and husband. We decided to go in on a few gifts with my in laws. One of the gifts is a night's stay at a local hotel in the "honeymoon sweet" for the night of their wedding. Since they didn't have gift certificates at the hotel I made them a card version of a gift certificate. Here it is!





I was very excited to use my Scor-Pal on this card. To start I took a piece of 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" light pink cardstock put it on my Scor-Pal and created a gate-fold by scoring it at 2 1/8" and 6 3/8". Then I stamped the image on plain white cardstock and colored it in using my Prismacolor markers. Next, I punched out the image using my Marvy Uchida Mega scallop circle punch. Next, I took a peachy colored cardstock and punched out a scallop circle using the Giga punch. Then I matted the image on the larger scallop circle. Next, I glued the scallop circle to one side of the front of the card.




Now for the inside:


To make the inside of the card I came up with a little saying about what the gift was. I printed the saying on white paper and cut it out and glued it on the center of the inside of the card. Next, I took a piece of vellum and cut it to 4" x 5 1/4". Then I wrapped a piece of peach ribbon around the top of it and a thinner piece of ivory ribbon around the bottom. Finally I glued the vellum over the sentiment (I only put adhesive on the top and bottom so it was hidden by the ribbon).



Finally, using the same ribbon from the inside I cut a piece and wrapped it around the closed card and tied it in a bow in the front.

Supplies : stamp by A Muse, cardstock by Bazzill, ribbon by Bobbie M. Designs and Offray, punches by Marvy Uchida (giga and mega scallop circles), Prismacolor markers.




I was very happy with how it came out. I always try to use the couples "colors" for wedding/shower cards. I think that is part of the fun of making your own.

Make sure you start your weekend off right by stopping by to see our FFF challenge cards. And for those of you who don't know I have monthly blog candy give-aways see here for details and a 2nd chance this month here.

Hope you have a wonderful Thursday!

Happy Crafting,
Kimmy

2 comments:

Jennifer E. said...

WOW! This is so pretty! You really did a nice job on it. It looks so elegant & professionally done!

Deb Neerman said...

This is sooooooooo cute! I love the gatefold and the stamped image is very kewl; tfs!!

~Hugs!