Friday, July 11, 2008

FUN FILLED FRIDAY!




Christmas in July!

Sorry it's been a slow week on my blog. I had a busy weekend, then a bit of a cold. On top of that I had to work an extra day this week to make up for being off last Saturday. I hope I am over my cold and can get back in the groove. We are definitely cooling off today with Jen's Christmas in July theme for this week. (btw have you checked out her blog?? She has started Sketch Wednesdays-I haven't had a chance to join in the fun yet!)

Here is my card for the week - let me know what you think.


For this card I will admit I was a little rushed, but I LOVE how it turned out. I started with my House Mouse image stamped on white card stock with black Stazon. I colored the image with my prismacolor markers and pencils blended with Gamsol. Next I cut and matted the image on Dark green Bazzill card stock. Then I cut a piece of the striped pattern paper to 4"x5.25" so that I would have a 1/4" mat on my A2 card base. Then I used my new SU! slit punch and made 4 slots to run my red ribbon through. I tied the ribbon in the center and glued the pattern paper on to the card base. Next I got out my Stamp-a-ma-jig (one of the greatest tools for stampers), and used that to stamp my sentiment. Finally I added my matted image to the front and I was done. So how does it look?

Remember I have blog candy to give away at the end of the month so show my your FFF challenges! I am assigning each entry a number starting with the first and at the end of the month I will randomly pick a winner. Hope you decide to join in the fun! You can also get an entry by promoting my blog somewhere, just let me know what you did.

So, what's new with all my blogging friends? Any big plans for this weekend? I know we may go to the Polish Festival for a bit - it's a big weekend long thing here. Since my hubby is 100% Polish and I'm almost half Polish I'm sure we would enjoy ourselves. We can eat a ton of food and do a little Polka here and there:) Well, I hope things have slowed down for the time being. I am really looking forward into jumping back into my papercrafting. Stay tuned I am working on stuff for a new segment on my blog my "Make something Mondays". I figure it would be a good time to share some new things I have been trying and maybe you can share some new techniques or challenges with me.

Hope you have a wonderful weekend, I hope to post a couple things this weekend. And a 2nd blog candy announcement Monday so make sure you check in.

Happy Crafting,
Kimmy


Supplies: Image by House Mouse, Sentiment by Hampton Arts, pattern paper by Bo Bunny Press, card stock by Bazzill, Prismacolor markers and pencils, Gamsol, slit punch by SU!, ribbon by Bobbie M. Designs, ATG.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loved how you used the slit punch on the card. I have got to get me one of these. Spartymom

Jennifer E. said...

WoW! This card really pops! You did a great job with it! I love all the colors!

Kristine said...

Awww...that image is too CUTE--LOVE your festive dp and ribbon too =) Found you through Jennifer's blog--Yea! :) Happy Stamping!

Jennifer E. said...

Hi Kimmy! FYI...You've been tagged and those mice are still too cute! :-)

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Ohhh, I love your Christmas card. The way you did the ribbon is awesome. My plans for the weekend? work.