Friday, December 12, 2008

Winter Wonderland!

***Here is last weeks post (finally) sorry for the delay****

This week was to make a "winter" themed card. I decided to use one of my Riley stamps. And I got this new snow-like glitter that I was itching to use. Since I am at my parents and it snowed here, I was in a "snowy" mood. I also was a little limited on supplies because I could only bring so much with me to Minnesota. So here is Riley:



To make this card I started by stamping my image with black ink and colored it in with Prismacolor pencils blended with Gamsol. Then I added flakes of snow from Martha Stewart's Winter Snows Glitter Pack. They look like little flakes! I love them! Anyways then I set that aside to dry. I then ran a piece of light blue card stock through my Cuttlebug using my Snow Dots embossing folder. I then layered my embossed card stock on a greenish-blue card stock and glued that to my darker blue A2 card base. I then added some glitter to the embossed snowflakes (I don't have any sentiments at my mom's so I thought I'd add some glitter). Once all my snowflakes and glitter were dry I took my image and layered it on darker blue, then light blue, then greenish-blue card stock. Then I glued my layered image to the upper center of my card.

Supplies :
  • stamp - Carrying tree Riley by Hanna Stamps
  • card stock - Bazzill
  • miscellaneous - Cuttlebug and Snow Dots embossing folder, Martha Stewart snow and glitter, Prismacolor pencils and Gamsol, ATG gun.

So what do you think? Did I get carried away with the snow? Hope you enjoyed this card. I also would love to see what you have been making. I have some big plans for my blog in the new year! I hope you like the changes. Let me know if there is anything you would like to see.

Happy Crafting,
Kimmy

2 comments:

K Hutchinson said...

I love all the snow! Very cute card!

Jennifer E. said...

I love the sparkle! What a cute Riley too! You gonna submit him?????